Foreign Languages: Spanish Teaching, MA
The Master of Arts in Foreign Languages/Spanish Teaching Emphasis program is designed for the secondary school teacher of Spanish. The program concentrates on the development of a high level of functional proficiency in the four language skills-listening, reading speaking, writing - and in four general content areas - civilization, language, literature, pedagogy. The most recent teaching methodologies are studied and researched.
- Fall & Spring Admissions: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Summer Admissions: April 15
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- BA in Spanish
- One-year teaching experience
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- GRE and/or TOEFL scores required for international students
- Please note that this program is primarily a summer program. Fall classes are not offered. All students are expected to complete at least 1 summer session on campus as part of the MA experience at UNC. Occasionally, selected courses are offered during the academic year to supplement the summer offerings. Our MA program accommodates a variety of students needs and options.
- Students are not subject to the continuous registration policy.