Elementary Education with Licensure, MAT
Would you like to become an elementary school teacher in one year and earn a Master of Arts
in Teaching? UNC has the program for you! Offered in four locations, the Master of Arts in Teaching: Elementary Education with Licensure program is a great way to become an elementary educator.
Courses are offered at the graduate level with a strong practical experience base, providing teacher candidates with opportunities to learn theory and obtain practice in the various subject areas that comprise the elementary-school curriculum.
- UNC Main Campus
- UNC Loveland Center at Centerra
- UNC Denver Center at Lowry
- UNC Colorado Springs Center
Total Degree Requirements
30 Credit Hours
This application is for the Master of Arts in Teaching: Elementary Education with Initial Licensure program that begins in April/May, 2012. The Priority Application Deadline is December 1, but applications will be accepted until March 1st if necessary. (ALL materials must be received by then for a complete application to be considered-including GRE scores if necessary). Applicants will receive admittance or denial information by February 15.
To apply, follow these steps:
- Complete Free School of Teacher Education online application; before starting it, you should have:
- your unofficial or official transcripts in front of you;
- names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references
- candidate letter of no more than 500 words, addressing your potential as a graduate student and teacher. You should be able to copy and paste the letter into the on-line application.
- You will enter your cohort location preference, and may put them in order with 1 being first, etc.
- Ask three references to complete a short recommendation form for you at UNCReference.com as soon as possible. These three letters of recommendation are the only ones required for this program.
- The Graduate School online application asks some of the same questions and requires a $50 application fee. This is where your GPA will be calculated. Please read the instructions below to avoid confusion and errors. You may also print them out and use as a guide.
- Directions for the UNC Graduate School online Application:
- Once you click on the link above, look for the link/button on the left that says New Applicant User Login. Then you will be prompted through the process.
- You will select Graduate Application.
- You will select Summer for the Admission Term
- Please enter the appropriate information for
- Mailing Address & Phone
- Permanent Address & Phone
- Personal Information
- Emergency Contact Information
- Regarding your Planned Course of Study select-Education: Elementary Education with Licensure-MAT
- Continue entering information for Previous College and Additional Information.
- You will then pay for and submit your online application. Congratulations!
- Send a candidate letter.
- Send one official transcript from each college to:
Graduate School and International Admissions
Campus Box 135
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
(UNC transcripts not necessary)
Your application packet (which comes from a combination of the two on-line applications) will be evaluated with the Application Criteria Rubric. Do not complete it, this is for your information only. If you have any additional information to include or mention, you may email Linda Sisson at Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org with your information. Additionally Lynette Kerrigan will keep track of all aspects of your application and be in contact with you as the application is received via email. Her email address is Lynette.email@example.com.
- Financial Aid (Scholarships, Grants, Loans) Information
- If you need information about testing out of the Writing Proficiency Requirements please contact Linda Morehead at firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up for the English Composition with Essay Exam.
Thank you and good luck!
Mr. Jonathan Shaw
- Quaylan Allen
- Margo Barnhart
- Frederick Bartelheim
- Maggie Bert
- Jim Erekson
- Gary Fertig
- Thomas Griggs
- Lindsey Guccione
- Jenni Harding-DeKam
- Ginny Helwick-Jackson
- Shirley Henry-Lowe
- Jingzi Huang
- Jody Lawrence
- Linda Leon
- Valerie Middleton
- Madeline Millian
- Judy Nickerson
- Kathleen O'Neil
- Michael Opitz
- Brian Sevier
- Frederick Silverman
- Susan Thompson
- Wayne Trainor
- Dana Walker
- Mia Kim Williams
- Suzette Youngs