Educational Studies, EdD
The Ed.D. in Educational Studies prepares candidates to understand the relationship among research, policy, and practice in education in order to contribute to reforming educational systems. Candidates complete an educational studies core, a multidisciplinary cognate, a research core, and a dissertation. The Educational Studies program prepares candidates to assume roles as university faculty members, educational leaders in school districts and state and federal agencies, district level curriculum specialists, and to assume leadership roles in nonprofit and private sectors. Prospective students should meet with the program advisor.
- UNC Main Campus
- Loveland Center + Online
- Online + Summer Loveland Visits
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
64 Credit Hours
On Campus Graduate Coordinator
Christy Moroye, 970-351-2438
- Fall and Summer Admissions: March 15
- Spring Admissions: October 15
- Online Deadlines:
- Priority Application: Feb. 1, 2016 for the upcoming July 2016 program start.
- Standard Application: After the priority application deadline, spots are filled on a first-come, first served basis for qualified applicants. Please contact the Off-Campus Program Coordinator about available space after the deadline.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Completed Graduate School Application(online)
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Complete our Recommendation Request Form to request letters of recommendation from three professional or personal references.
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcript.
- Statement of Goals addressing your potential as a graduate student and future professional goals. The letter should be 500 words or less. Submit your completed letter to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu
- Writing Sample
- Submit your completed sample as a Word Document (.doc) or Adobe PDF (.pdf) to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- The UNC school code is 4074