Educational Leadership, MA
The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies provides opportunities for candidaes to acquire knowledge about leadership in P-12, community college, higher education, or other educational settings. The program provides opportunities for students to develop in-depth understanding about leadership roles and responsibilities, working with external environments, professional development, organizational behavior, and contemporary educational issues.
- UNC Main Campus
- Denver, Longmont and Online Delivery Options
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
30 Credit Hours
Linda Vogel, 970-351-2119
- Fall Admission: June 30th (priority deadline)
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Background information sheet
- A current vita or resume documenting your professional experiences in education
- Professional assessment forms from 2 individuals - one of whom is qualified to provide a review of your academic ability and one of whom may assess your professional ability;
- Include a detailed statement which describes your:
- Demonstrated commitment to education
- Contributions to professional education
- Immediate and long-range personal, professional, and academic goals
- Rationale for pursuing the M.A. degree.
- As part of personal statement, provide a brief essay in which you identify and discuss a significant, current educational problem and describe how you would attempt to solve the problem identified.
- Also provide documentation of publications or completed research projects, if available.
- In addition, Professional Assessment forms and/or Letters of Recommendation required from three individuals, at least one of whom is qualified to provide a review of your academic ability, and at least one of whom may assess your professional quality.
- Completed Online Application - $50 non-refundable application fee
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Admission application should be submitted to the Graduate School at least 60 days prior to projected enrollment semester date to ensure adequate processing time.