Educational Leadership, EdS
The Educational Leadership EdS program's mission is to develop educators who have the vision and the ability to lead educational organizations by providing needed services to learners in educational settings, creating effective learning environments, effecting policies that govern educational organizations, and modeling continuous learning with and for the citizens of the community. To achieve this mission, ELPS faculty incorporate innovative teaching practices; engage in inquiry about leaders and leadership; and demonstrate leadership at the local, regional, national and international levels.
The underlying philosophy of the ELPS program is that educational leaders possess knowledge of self, others, organizations, learning and society necessary to perform creatively and effectively in diverse environments. They engage people in identifying and working toward the accomplishment of a shared vision for the organization. Leaders incorporate the ideas, values and experiences reflective of a pluralistic society and promote continual learning.
- UNC Main Campus
- Denver and Online Delivery Options
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
30 Credit Hours
Linda Vogel, 970-351-2119
- Fall Admission: June 30 (priority deadline)
- For off-campus location deadlines, please visit Extended Campus
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Completed Online Application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni do not need to submit transcripts.
- Three Letters of Recommendation (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Statement of Goals (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.) which describes your:
- Demonstrated commitment to education
- Contributions to professional education
- Immediate and long-range personal, professional and academic goals
- Rationale for pursuing this degree
- Strengths and weaknesses as they apply to educational leadership
- Current vita or resume which documents professional experiences in education (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Background information sheet (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- A copy of K-12 related license(s) if applicable (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Admission application should be submitted to the Graduate School at least 60 days prior to projected enrollment semester date to ensure adequate processing time.