Educational Leadership, EdS
The Educational Leadership EdS program's mission is to develop educators who have the vision and the ability to lead educational organizations by providing needed services to learners in educational settings, creating effective learning environments, effecting policies that govern educational organizations, and modeling continuous learning with and for the citizens of the community. To achieve this mission, ELPS faculty incorporate innovative teaching practices; engage in inquiry about leaders and leadership; and demonstrate leadership at the local, regional, national and international levels.
The underlying philosophy of the ELPS program is that educational leaders possess knowledge of self, others, organizations, learning and society necessary to perform creatively and effectively in diverse environments. They engage people in identifying and working toward the accomplishment of a shared vision for the organization. Leaders incorporate the ideas, values and experiences reflective of a pluralistic society and promote continual learning.
- UNC Main Campus
- Denver and Online Delivery Options
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
30 Credit Hours
Linda Vogel, 970-351-2119
- Fall Admission: June 30 (priority deadline)
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Background information sheet
- A current vita or resume documenting your professional experiences in education
- Professional assessment forms from 2 individuals - one of whom is qualified to provide a review of your academic ability and one of whom may assess your professional ability;
- A detailed statement describing:
- Your commitment to education, contributions to professional education
- Immediate and long-term personal, professional, and academic goals
- Rationale for pursuing the Ed.S. degree
- Strengths and weaknesses as they apply to educational leadership
- As part of personal statement, provide a brief essay in which you identify and discuss a significant, current educational problem and describe how you would attempt to solve the problem identified.
- Also provide documentation of publications or completed research projects, if available.
- Two Letters of Recommendation are required from two individuals (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Completed Online Application - $50 non-refundable application fee
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Admission application should be submitted to the Graduate School at least 60 days prior to projected enrollment semester date to ensure adequate processing time.