Education: Curriculum Studies, MAT
This online Master of Arts in Teaching: Curriculum Studies is a graduate degree for all teachers, K-12. This degree can be completed fully online. All required courses and many elective courses are offered online.
The degree provides experienced practitioners with knowledge, abilities, and dispositions needed to scaffold their own professional development toward a vision of accomplished practice.
Candidates in this program analyze contemporary practices and theories relating to knowledge acquisition as a means of enhancing student learning and the curriculum development process within school systems. Three abilities are emphasized throughout the program: critical reflections, systematic inquiry, and collaboration.
This program emphasis provides opportunities to develop an in-depth understanding of content-specific pedagogy, the curriculum development process, teacher research, and research-informed approaches to teaching and learning.
This program is offered through the UNC Office of Extended Studies, which means a flat per-credit tuition rate for all students in the program. There are no student fees. Certain courses may carry specific course fees for additional services and materials
- This is a continuous enrollment graduate program which means that candidates can begin the program in any semester
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Completed Graduate School Application(online)
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Complete our Recommendation Request Form to request letters of recommendation from three professional or personal references.
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcript.
- Statement of Goals addressing your potential as a graduate student and future professional goals. The letter should be 500 words or less. Submit your completed letter to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu
- Quaylan Allen
- Margo Barnhart
- Frederick Bartelheim
- Maggie Bert
- Jim Erekson
- Gary Fertig
- Thomas Griggs
- Lindsey Guccione
- Jenni Harding-DeKam
- Ginny Helwick-Jackson
- Shirley Henry-Lowe
- Jingzi Huang
- Jody Lawrence
- Linda Leon
- Valerie Middleton
- Madeline Millian
- Judy Nickerson
- Kathleen O'Neil
- Michael Opitz
- Brian Sevier
- Frederick Silverman
- Susan Thompson
- Wayne Trainor
- Dana Walker
- Mia Kim Williams
- Suzette Youngs