Earth Sciences, MA
This Master of Arts in Earth Sciences is for students who wish to broaden or deepen their backgrounds in the earth science disciplines (astronomy, geology, meteorology and oceanography) and develop their research skills. It serves individuals who are or intend to become secondary school or community college earth science teachers. It is also appropriate for K- 12 teachers, students pursuing careers in allied fields that require a multidisciplinary background in the earth sciences and for individuals wishing to explore the earth sciences as a second career.
Fall Admissions: February 15th (for students requesting assistantships)
- Spring Admissions: October 31st
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of intent addressed to the program coordinator that includes: 1) what field of earth sciences the applicant wants to study; 2) what career plans the applicant has in the Earth Sciences; 3) why the applicant believes the UNC Earth Sciences Program will help them in their career goals; 4) what skills the applicant can bring to the program, such as willingness to teach or past work-skills that can be used in the program.
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts.