Communication: Human Communication, Non-Thesis, MA
The Masters in Communication Studies/Human Communication Non-Thesis Option program focuses on the study of human symbolic interaction. Students will emphasize coursework relevant to rhetorical and communication theory, interpersonal and group communication, and communication research methods.
Graduates of this program will advance their current professional careers, prepare themselves for careers in business and industry requiring expertise in human communication or prepare themselves to apply for a Ph.D. program in communication.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but priority deadline for fall admissions is March 1st.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Letter of Intent—In fewer than 500 words (1-2 pages), describe why you wish to pursue an M.A. in Communication An undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (pdf) - Select individuals who can assess your ability to obtain a Masters’ Degree in Communication
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Please note that TA and GRA positions are awarded on a competitive basis.