Clinical Counseling: Couples and Family Therapy, MA
The School of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education offers services to the University and the local community through its clinic, a research and training facility. The Master's in Clinical Counseling Couples and Family Therapy emphasis is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
The requirements of the emphasis are directed toward the development of competent professionals in the practice of marital and family therapy. The Couples and Family Therapy emphasis primarily deals with relationships, interpersonal interaction and systems theory.
- UNC Main Campus
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
51 Credit Hours
Jeffrey Rings, 970-351-1639
Off-Campus Graduate Coordinator
Heather Helm, 970-351-1630
- Fall and Summer Admissions to Graduate School: December 1st
- Fall and Summer Admissions to Department: December 1st
- Applications are pre-screened by the department. Selected applicants are invited to pre-admission workshop where evaluation processes are involved.
- Applicants who submit applications past the deadline need to speak to the department.
- Fall and Summer starts offered
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Supplementary Data Sheet (pdf)
- Personal Statement (pdf)
- Three Letters of Recommendations on Professional Counseling Forms (pdf)
- Preadmission Interview Workshop
- A 3.0 or higher GPA on the last 60 hours of undergraduate degree.
- GRE scores are required if GPA is below 3.0.
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Graduate School Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Two years of work experience recommended and attendance of preadmission workshop.
- Off Campus Applicants have the same admission requirements