Chemistry: Research, MS
The Master of Science in Chemistry - Research emphasis is designed to prepare students to enhance their understanding of chemistry while contributing to the body of knowledge in their specific sub-discipline through research. Students experience one-on-one interactions with faculty member experts in each of the areas of Chemistry and Biochemistry and gain valuable skills in the laboratory. Graduates of the program are well qualified to continue their studies in Chemistry or Chemical Education at the doctoral level, pursue employment at 2-year colleges or as a lecturer at larger colleges, or enter the workforce directly.
- February 15th for priority consideration for the fall semester
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- The student should have completed requirements of an ACS-certified baccalaureate degree in chemistry.
- Cover letter
- Please use this statement as an opportunity to introduce yourself to our graduate committee and express why you would like to earn a graduate degree in Chemistry or Chemical Education.
- Student Profile Form (word or pdf)
- If you would like to be considered for a teaching assistantship, please make sure to fill out the assistantship portion of the student profile form.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (word or pdf)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Applicants must have graduated from a masters program one semester prior to conferring PhD.