Chemistry: Education Emphasis, M.S.
The Chemistry Master of Science: Education Emphasis prepares versatile, well-informed chemistry graduates by providing advanced training in education research as it pertains to Chemistry. Students in this program work one-on-one with faculty member experts in fields such as education, psychology, and statistics, in addition to coursework and research in chemistry. Graduates of the program are well qualified to conduct master’s level research on chemical education, continue their studies in related programs, teach at 2-year schools or as a lecturer at larger colleges, or enter the workforce directly.
- Feb. 15 for priority consideration for the fall semester.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- The student should have completed requirements of an ACS-certified baccalaureate degree in chemistry.
- Cover letter
- Please use this statement as an opportunity to introduce yourself to our graduate committee and express why you would like to earn a graduate degree in Chemistry or Chemical Education.
- Student Profile Form (word or pdf)
- If you would like to be considered for a teaching assistantship, please make sure to fill out the assistantship portion of the student profile form.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is less than a 3.0 the GRE is required.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (word or pdf)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Applicants must have graduated from a masters program one semester prior to conferring Ph.D.