The Audiology program offers an extensive supervised clinical experience through the well-equipped UNC Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Clinic and ancillary clinics in Colorado. The Au.D. program leading to certification is accredited by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) and by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). Students who complete this program are eligible to apply for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and/or for Board Certification in Audiology awarded by the American Board of Audiology (ABA). Graduates can also qualify for licensure from the Colorado Department of Education and/or the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- Fall Admissions: February 1st
Admission Deadlines & Requirements
Applications with all required materials must be submitted to the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS), and an online application to the UNC Graduate School must also be completed. Transcripts, GRE scores, and letters of recommendation need only be sent to CSDCAS.
All application materials must be received by the above deadline for admission consideration.
Initial decisions about admission to the program are typically made by mid-March. A list of alternates is also developed, and alternates may be admitted to the program up until the beginning of Fall semester.
Strong applicants will have a solid background in communication disorders as well as science. Desired science courses include biology, chemistry, and human anatomy and physiology.
- Application for Admission to the UNC Graduate School.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Application for Admission to the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS).
- One official transcript from each college or university attended since high school - submit to CSDCAS
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores - submit to CSDCAS
- GRE Code: 0033
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Three letters of recommendation - use CSDCAS online format