Applied Statistics and Research Methods, PhD
The Applied Statistics and Research Methods degree programs provides students with a broad understanding of appropriate applications of statistical and research methodology and with experience in using computers effectively for statistical analysis.
The Doctoral program in Applied Statistics and Research Methods is designed to prepare graduates in statistics who make important contributions to real world problems. Through the programs, great emphasis is placed on how the research design and statistics can be applied to various issues and problems. Service courses are offered by the school in support of other university programs at the graduate level.
- Fall Admissions: March 1
- Spring Admissions: October 1
Admission Deadlines & Requirements
You must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews your request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Statement of Career Goals (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts.