Art & Design, MA
The Master of Arts in Art and Design offers an in-depth and individualized course of study. The program provides opportunities for students who want to develop advanced expertise in Art Education, with a Studio or Art History component. Courses from any of the program areas are suitable for the K-12 art educator seeking a Master's degree. The M.A. degree can also be used in preparation for advanced graduate study. It is the goal of the School of Art & Design to encourage, foster, and provide academic rigor and artistic excellence.
- On Campus Fall Admissions: March 1st
- On Campus Spring Admissions: October 1st
- Online + Greeley Summer Fall Admissions:
- Early Application Deadline: March 30th
- Standard Application Deadline: June 30th
- Please Note: The online program only admits for the fall semester
You must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews your request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school.
- UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts.
Submit the following application materials to the Coordinator of Graduate Studies in the School of Art & Design:
- Submit 10 images of your personal art work, and 10 images of your students' work. If no student work is available submit 20 images of personal work. This should be submitted on a CD or DVD containing digitized images of work in a format which will open on either a Mac or PC (Power Point, jpeg, pdf, etc.) No slides please.
- Also on the CD or DVD, include a two page statement by the applicant elaborating the reasons for pursuing advanced studies in art education.
- Current resume (digital or hardcopy)
- Current e-mail address.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- TS Berger, Art Education, MA
- Kevin Slivka, Art Education
- Michael Coronel (Chip), Art History, MA
- Lauren Eisen, Painting, MA
- Michael Fenton, Art History, MA
- Mark Fetkewicz, Graphic Design, MFA
- Sieger Hartgers, Foundations, Printmaking & Drawing and Painting, MA
- Kris Heintz-Nelson, Art Appreciation, Drawing I and II, Women Artists, MA
- Lynn Cornelius, Fiber Arts & Drawing, MFA
- Mike Lemke, Ceramics, MFA
- Andrew Liccardo, Director of the School of Art & Design
- Ken Price, Art History, MA
- Dan Rioz, Drawing, MFA
- Thomas Stephens (Tom), Sculpture, Drawing & Foundations, MFA
- Dr. Connie Stewart, Art History & Art Education, PhD
- Dr. Andrew Jay Svedlow, Art History, PhD
- John Tonai, Photographic Imaging, MFA
- Dr. Anna Ursyn, Computer Graphics, PhD
- Cece Wire, Jewelry, MFA