If you want to enter public or private accounting and sit for the CPA exam, the Monfort College of Business Master of Accounting degree (MAcc) is designed for you. The program is designed to enhance your applied accounting research skills, communication skills, problem-solving capability and other skills and knowledge required to be a successful professional accountant in public accounting, business, or government. With a MAcc, you’ll position yourself for better career opportunities and quicker advancement in your career. Additionally, completion of this program will satisfy Colorado’s and most other state’s 150- hour requirement for licensing as a CPA. You’ll be required to complete a written comprehensive examination or other approved equivalent as part of the MAcc program.
- Fall and Admissions: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Admission Deadlines & Requirements
- A minimum Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)Score of 500
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts.
- Students admitted to the program who have not completed a Bachelor's degree in accounting as described above can expect prerequisite deficiency courses to be added to their plan of study. Deficiency course requirements will be determined by the program coordinator.