Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MA
The Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling program prepares professional counselors to work in various agency settings such as mental health centers, probation and parole departments, substance abuse centers and residential treatment centers.
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
60 Credit Hours
Jeffrey Rings, 970-351-1639
Off-Campus Graduate Coordinator
Heather Helm, 970-351-1630
UNC Campus (Greeley)
- Fall & Summer Admissions: December 15 to department, December 1 to Graduate School
- Fall and Summer starts offered
- Applicants who submit applications past the deadline need to speak to the department.
- Applications are pre-screened by the department. Selected applicants are invited to pre-admission workshop where evaluation processes are involved.
UNC Colorado Springs Center
- Fall Admissions: August 1
UNC Denver Center at Lowry
Start Any Term
- Fall Admission: June
- Spring Admission: November
- Summer Admission: February
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Completed Graduate School Online Application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni do not need to submit UNC transcripts.
- Supplementary Data Sheet (pdf)(You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Personal Statement (pdf)(You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.). Recommenders are being asked to complete and upload the Professional Counseling Program Reference Form.
- Preadmission Interview Workshop
- A 3.0 or higher GPA on the last 60 hours of undergraduate degree.
- GRE scores are required if GPA is below 3.0.
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Two years of work experience recommended and attendance of preadmission workshop.
- Off Campus Applicants have the same admission requirements