Four awards - two for outstanding master's thesis (capstones would be reviewed with other theses) and two for outstanding doctoral dissertation may be awarded each commencement. Faculty may nominate a thesis/dissertation/capstone at any time until the specified deadline.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.75 during graduate study.
- Submit an electronic copy of the student’s resume.
- Letter of nomination should specify contributions of the study to the discipline.
- An electronic copy of the thesis/dissertation/capstone must be available for review in the Graduate School.
- Eligible students include students who have applied for graduation. Students who are graduating summer and walking at the spring ceremony may also be nominated for this award.
- Nomination letters from two faculty members OR submit one letter with two or more faculty signatures.