Dean's Citation for Excellence
In order to maintain the Dean's Citation for Excellence as a prestigious award, the total number of awards will not exceed 3% of the graduating class. All nominations will be reviewed by the Executive Committee of the Graduate Council with recommendation to the Dean of the Graduate School for final selection.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.75 during graduate study.
- Exceptional Achievement: Be aware, many recent nominees for this award have been submitted with only the GPA criteria documented. Without documented accomplishments beyond normal classroom performance, nominees will not be competitive for this award. Superior accomplishment beyond excellence in course work may include publications and/or presentations, thesis/dissertation of exceptional quality, active involvement in regional or national professional organizations, discipline-related community service, etc.
- Eligible students include students who have applied for graduation. Students who are graduating summer and walking at the spring ceremony may also be nominated.
- Nomination letters from two faculty members OR submit one letter with two or more faculty signatures.
- Submit an electronic copy of the student’s resume.
NOTE: A student may be nominated for both the Dean’s Citation for Excellence AND for Outstanding Thesis/Dissertation/Capstone.