We are the University of Northern Colorado. We are unlike any other university in Colorado in how we live our mission, in the students we serve, and in our contributions to the knowledge base, to research and to creative works.
Our vision is to provide students with opportunities for a transformative education that will carry them from campus into their communities. We invite you to join us in fulfilling this vision by embracing three priorities.
- UNC’s first priority is to sustain and enhance our ability to attract, retain and graduate students by:
- Providing access to underserved students through a robust pool of scholarships.
- Increasing student success and degree attainment through interconnected support systems across campus.
- Integrating the liberal arts into the student experience to enrich their outlook, understanding and existence in the world.
- Developing students as informed and engaged citizens by expanding opportunities for experiential learning and civic engagement.
- Enhancing the UNC experience through programs such as international study, undergraduate research, performance, leadership development and intercollegiate athletics.
- UNC’s second priority is to sustain and advance our preeminent status in P-20 education, business, performing arts and the health sciences by investing in innovative programming and learning opportunities.
- UNC’s third priority is to advance creative works, translational research and other academics that are grounded in real-world concerns and result in practical applications for educators, business leaders, health professionals and others.
UNC seeks philanthropic investment to realize its vision for powerful educational experiences that benefit our students today and into the future.