Team UNC FAQs
What is Team UNC?
Team UNC is an annual fundraising campaign that provides faculty and staff the opportunity to contribute to UNC student scholarships, programs, and funds. Faculty and staff members donate any amount to the funding priority of their choice. Every donation makes a difference for the university and our students.
What funds can I contribute to?
You can give to any fund or program you wish to support. The UNC Foundation has many funds to choose from that support a variety of programs and scholarships. A list of these funds can be found at Giving A-Z.
How can I take advantage of matching gift contributions?
Thanks to a generous matching gift from an anonymous donor, you have two incredible ways to dramatically increase the impact of your gift.
- Establish a new or increased continuous payroll deduction gift between March 1st and April 15th and your contribution will be matched 1:1 up to $1,000 through August.
- All other gifts received from March 1– April 30, 2013 will receive a match of $0.50 for every $1.00 up to $250 for the amount received during the campaign; this includes already established payroll deduction gifts. Give $25 and see it grow to $37.50; give $100 and gain another $50 for our students!
Can my donation be made through payroll deduction?
Yes, faculty and staff members can set up a monthly donation for any amount. To set up a monthly contribution or to change the amount you are currently donating through payroll deduction, you can
- give online at www.give2unc.org
- download a form to fill out and mail in by clicking here
- contact the UNC Foundation at (970) 351-1373
How do I make a contribution?
- Contact the Office of Annual Giving at (970) 351-4339
- give online at www.give2unc.org
- Send a check to UNC Foundation, Judy Farr Alumni Center Campus Box 20, Greeley, CO 80639
- Recurring contributions can be arranged by calling the UNC Foundation at (970) 351-1373
How much should I give?
The amount you give is a personal decision. Here’s a guide to show the impact a monthly gift (through either payroll deduction or a recurring credit card payment) can have:
- If you give $83.34 per month it adds up to $1000 per year
- If you give $41.67 per month it adds up to $500 per year
- If you give $20.84 per month it adds up to $250 per year
- If you give $8.34 per month it adds up to $100 per year
- If you give $4.17 per month it adds up to $50 per year.
Why should I contribute to the organization that pays my salary?
As members of the UNC family, we share a common bond—a commitment to the success of our students. Our contributions through our daily work across campus are invaluable. Our financial contributions are another way to support our students and to demonstrate our belief in UNC. Our students' need is great, and a strong Team UNC campaign shows others that supporting UNC and its students is a worthwhile investment.
What is an endowment?
An endowment is a gift sum permanently invested by the UNC Foundation. The income generated by the investment supports the fund you designate. A portion of the income is reinvested each year enabling the endowment to grow and provide a permanent stream of income over time. A new endowment can be established with a minimum gift of $25,000. An annual spendable scholarship can be established with a $5000 donation that will award a $1000 scholarship for five years.
How do I establish a scholarship?
Gifts that fund scholarships make it possible for UNC to attract and retain the best undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of their financial circumstances. You can make a difference by contributing any amount to an existing scholarship or establishing a new scholarship endowment to benefit students enrolled in the college/school of your choice.
Is my gift tax deductible?
The UNC Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. You should consult with your tax attorney/advisor concerning the deductibility of your gift.
What is the UNC Foundation?
Established in 1967, the University of Northern Colorado Foundation is a private nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to stewarding donors, data, and dollars in support of the University of Northern Colorado. Read more about the UNC Foundation.
Why is the Foundation separate from the University?
The independent, nonprofit, UNC Foundation properly and efficiently stewards private gifts, provides flexibility and responsiveness, manages assets strategically, engages volunteers as informed advocates, and ensures the accuracy and confidentiality of donor records.
Who governs the Foundation?
The University of Northern Colorado Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board appoints an executive director to manage the Foundation’s staff and daily operations.
Following the conclusion of this year's Team UNC campaign on 4/30, all employees who have made, continued, or renewed their contributions will be invited to a celebratory BBQ. The Team UNC Appreciation BBQ is currently scheduled for Saturday, May 3rd. More details on time and location to come.
You can contact the Office of Development directly at 970-351-1886 to clear up any confusion about your gift.