ProGeographer - Program Costs
The 2014-15 tuition rate is $475/credit. Each of the four courses costs $1,425. The Fall 2015 rate may increase.
Expenses to expect:
- Get yourself to Denver or Grand Junction (airfare or other travel expense) at the start of the field program on August 4. You also feed yourself and pay either hotel or camping fees during August 4-5 urban field work.
- Outfitter guide fee: Centennial Canoe Outfitters charge $360 for the three-day river trip in 2015, including canoes, guides, meals, and group gear, including paddles and vests. Guides earn their keep with tips: usually about $30/person.
- Camping/hotel cost the night of August 5 before the river trip begins.
- You will need a sleeping bag and tent for the river trip. You can rent them at your expense with the outfitter (the outfitter will send an information packet to you with a gear list and other important information).
- August 8: the program’s last meal is lunch. The program ends at 2 pm. You are on your own after that.
- All other incidentals such as entertainment and souvenirs.