Charles O. Collins
Department of Geography & GIS
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
Office: Candelaria 2088
Phone: (970) 351-2729
Office Hours: MWF 10 am – 11 am or by appointment
- B.A. Spanish and M.A. Social Science, both from Colorado State College
- PhD in Geography, University of Kansas
- Specialties in Middle America (Mexico, Central America, and Caribbean Contemporary Landscape of the U.S., both Folk and Popular Population Geography
Publications and Presentations:
- Barton, K. and C. Collins. 2011. Generational Geographies: Millennials and Baby Boomers Perceptions and Use of Nature, in “The 21st Century Handbook of Geography”: Sage Publications.
- Collins, Charles O., Jennine Pettit and Jeffrey S. Smith (2011). “Cuba’s Cacharros: Cultural Icons or Cultural Debris?” Paper session presented at the 2011 National Conference on Geographic Education, Portland, Oregon, August 7, 2011.
- Collins, Charles O. and Wayne L. Carlson. (2009). New Jersey: No Joke. The Journal of Geography. 108, 241-251.
- Fishing, Photography, Writing Short Stories