At the Gamma Alpha chapter of Sigma Kappa Sorority, being strong and courageous women is a way of life and an active goal for our chapter, and the over 147,500 Sigma Kappa members worldwide. The purpose of Sigma Kappa is to provide women with lifelong opportunities and support for social, intellectual, and spiritual development by bringing women together to positively impact our communities. We are bound by a promise and cherish the Sigma Kappa values of personal growth, friendship, service, and loyalty. In our sisterhood, we believe that the key to success is having a strong voice and a united heart in everything you do! If you would like to know more about us, please feel free to contact us!
- Motto: One Heart, One Way
- Founded: November 9, 1874: Colby College in Waterville, Maine
- Founded at UNC: November 4, 1950
- Colors: Maroon and Lavender
- Symbols: Dove and Heart
- Philanthropy: Gerontology Studies with a focus on Alzheimer's Disease Research, Maine Seacoast Mission, Inherit the Earth
- Chapter House Address: 1723 10th Ave.
- Website: Sigma Kappa Local Chapter