THE FILM STUDIES MINOR (18 credits)
In Fall 2009, a following new set of requirments will be implimented for all students enrolling in the Film Studies Minor. The plan outlined below is suitable for students who declare the minor in Fall 2009 or later. Students who declared the Film Minor prior to Fall 2009 will follow the previous Minor requirements, which you can review here. Keep in mind that this plan should serve only as a guide. We highly recommend that all Film Minor students meet with a faculty advisor to ensure they are making progress toward meeting their program requirements.
- FILM 120: Introduction to Film Studies (3 credits)
- FILM 210: History of Film I (3 credits OR FILM 211: History of Film II (3 credits)
- FILM 320: Topics in Film Studies (3 credits)
- FILM 310: Film Theory (3 credits)
- JMC 390: Impact of Mass Communication on Society (3 credits) OR THEA 225: Theater in Film (3 credits)
- FILM 330: Studies in a Director or Genre (3 credits)