• The open space strategies are directly related to the Campus Framework. Develop the pedestrian walk (Alumni Walk) as an open space 'corridor' or 'spine' that organizes the open spaces within the campus.
• Provide smaller scale spaces. Use for small gathering areas.
• Provide space for special events, gatherings, classes, meetings, etc.
• Be sensitive to the link between outdoor and indoor space.
• Provide additional athletic and recreation facilities.
• Improve the organization and definition of open space. Bring further order to the outdoor spaces.
• Maintain a safe, comfortable atmosphere indicative of higher learning and conducive to study and interaction. The scale of the historic central area of campus should not be compromised.