• Whenever feasible, separate bikeways from pedestrian ways.
• Identify some key routes exclusively for bikes, roller blades, and other non- motorized wheeled transport only. (Service and emergency vehicles may share these routes).
• Allow building service access routes to be shared with bikeways.
• Limit skateboard use to the bikeways. Do not allow skateboard use at any building entry, plaza or quad zone.
• Create and enforce dismount zones at all building entry plazas, ceremonial quadrangles and outdoor event spaces.
• Create a means of identification for each type of pedestrian and bike route. Express this identification through paving widths,materials and design. Do not rely on signage alone to identify non-motorized circulation routes.
• Strictly enforce the policies and regulations related to the use of all circulation routes.