Commit to Conserve
In our effort to reduce our environmental impact, Facilities Management staff…
- Recycles paper products, #1 and #2 plastics, aluminum, glass, and cardboard
- Uses computer energy management settings to put computer in sleep mode to save energy and extend the life of the computer.
- Turns off lights, appliances, and electronics when not in use and before going home at the end of work
- Purchases and uses Energy Star products when possible
- Uses alternate methods of transportation whenever possible, such as biking, walking, carpooling, or using the Boomerang or City Bus
- Reduces water usage by not letting water run while brushing teeth or washing dishes, taking shorter showers, using leftover water from bottles, coffee pot rinsing, or cooking water to water plants, and washing only full loads of laundry
- Closes windows when the heat or air conditioning is on
- Sets the thermostats to 55 degrees (or to “c” of the word “cooler”) when the room is unoccupied during the winter, and to 80 degrees or off in the summer
- Reports any waste of resources to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Facilities Management at 351-2446.