Bears Matter provides proactive holistic support to students considering not returning to UNC through individualized support and resource referrals.
Bears Matter representatives will:
- Provide academic resources and connections outside of the classroom;
- Support student navigation through the higher education system;
- Build student grit strategies;
- Assist students with finding successes and connections at UNC;
- Work with students at the pre-withdrawal and withdrawal stage with the number one goal being to utilize referral tools and intervention strategies in order to retain students;
- Gather data from students via exit interviews/one-to-one meetings in order to inform UNC reasons for withdrawal or desire to withdraw;
- Develop a timetable for re-entry if student decides to withdraw.