Sigma Tau Delta and Lambda Gamma
Sigma Tau Delta
UNC’s Zeta Psi Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, The International English Honor Society was chartered in April of 1988, under the sponsorship of Prof. Lloyd Worley. Since its chartering, Zeta Psi Chapter has three times won the international “Best Chapter” competition and has provided several regional and national student officers. Since its founding, Zeta Psi Chapter has had several members win top Sigma Tau Delta scholarships and internships. In recognition of its outstanding qualities, Zeta Psi Chapter has received the “Chapter of the Decade” award from the Board of Directors of the international Society.
Zeta Psi Chapter meets for one hour every other week on a day and time selected by its members. The Chapter always has a full slate of activities, including public service, literary presentations, and celebrations of literary events, including Shakespeare's birthday, Valentine Poetry, Irish Literature, and—its most popular event—Hallowe’en (Gothic) literature.
The Society is open to English Major/Minor Juniors and Seniors who have a 3.30 or higher GPA and who have met certain other academic requirements.
Click here to download an application for Sigma Tau Delta. October 30, 2015, is the deadline for membership applications for Fall 2015.
President: Kayla King
Vice President: Meghan Miller
President Advisor: Sarah Vogel
Secretary/Treasurer: Nicole Hecker
Historian: Jeremiah Strong
For Freshmen and Sophomores who are English majors/minors or who are considering the field of English, membership in Lambda Gamma is available. The two groups meet simultaneously.
Click here to download an application for Lambda Gamma.
- October 23-24 - Sigma Tau Delta High Plains Conference
- October 26th - Insidious Inscriptions
- October 28th - A Little Night Music
- November 18th - Induction for Fall 2015 New Members
- September 2nd - What is Sigma Tau Delta? Come learn about publication opportunities, scholarships, and upcoming conferences.
- September 16th - The Oxford English Dictionary.
- September 23rd - Come learn about upcoming Sigma Tau Delta conferences!
- September 30th - Considering Graduate School?
- October 7th - Let's Talk about Gender!
- October 14th - Writing Workshop.
- October 21st - Narratology.
- November 4th - Food and Literature.
- November 18th - Either Hard Science Fiction OR Science and Literature.
- Officer Elections will also be held at this meeting.
- December 2nd - Movie and Pizza.
All meetings take place in the "Fishbowl," 1155 Ross Hall, at 5:00 pm.
Be sure to "like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SigmaTauDeltaUNCo.