Sigma Tau Delta and Lambda Gamma
Sigma Tau Delta
UNC’s Zeta Psi Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, The International English Honor Society was chartered in April of 1988, under the sponsorship of Prof. Lloyd Worley. Since its chartering, Zeta Psi Chapter has three times won the international “Best Chapter” competition and has provided several regional and national student officers. Since its founding, Zeta Psi Chapter has had several members win top Sigma Tau Delta scholarships and internships. In recognition of its outstanding qualities, Zeta Psi Chapter has received the “Chapter of the Decade” award from the Board of Directors of the international Society.
Zeta Psi Chapter meets for one hour every other week on a day and time selected by its members. The Chapter always has a full slate of activities, including public service, literary presentations, and celebrations of literary events, including Shakespeare's birthday, Valentine Poetry, Irish Literature, and—its most popular event—Hallowe’en (Gothic) literature.
The Society is open to English Major/Minor Juniors and Seniors who have a 3.30 or higher GPA and who have met certain other academic requirements.
President: Nicole Hecker
President Advisor: Sarah Vogel
Vice President: Meghan Miller
Secretary: Rachel Hammer
Treasurer: Michelle Springer
Historian: Sarah Hammer
Dean of Lambda Gamma: Jeremiah Strong
For Freshmen and Sophomores who are English majors/minors or who are considering the field of English, membership in Lambda Gamma is available. The two groups meet simultaneously.
Click here to download an application for Lambda Gamma.
- February 12th: Sonnet Sale (UC Tables 8am - 4pm)
- April 7th: Book Sale (UC Tables 8am- 4pm)
- April 29th: Induction (6-7:30-pm)
- February 6th: Stephen King
- February 17th:Magical Realism (Guest Speaker: Professor Marcus Embry)
- March 9th: The Environment and Literature
- March 23rd: Harry Potter and Morgan le Fey (Guest Speaker: Claire Shepherd) - Cancelled due to inclement weather
- April 6th:Digital Humanities (Guest Speaker: Professor Sarah Cornish)
- April 20th: (Guest Speaker: Professor Sedinger)
- May 4th: Star Wars Episode 7 Viewing
All meetings take place in the "Fishbowl," 1155 Ross Hall, at 5:00 pm.
Be sure to "like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SigmaTauDeltaUNCo.