Publications, Clubs, and Other Projects
- The Crucible: The Literary/Arts Magazine
- Sigma Tau Delta & The Literary Guild
- International Film Series
- The Writing Internship Program
- The UNC Rosenberry Writer’s Conference
- Neal Cross Series
ATTENTION: Undergraduate Students! HAVE YOU….
- Written a scholarly literary analysis that you’re proud of?
- Created pedagogical work related to English education?
- Crafted creative fiction, poetry, drama, or screenwriting?
- Done research in linguistics, composition, or film studies?
Show off your stuff at the fourth annual MSU Denver Undergraduate English Conference on March 13, 2015, at the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver. The conference is an all-day event dedicated to showcasing the writing and scholarship created by local undergraduate students working in a wide variety of areas of English and related studies: literature, film studies, linguistics, creative writing, rhetoric and composition, and English education. The purpose of the program is to highlight intellectual diversity while honoring diversity in culture, race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual identity.
Students interested in presenting a paper must submit a 400-500 word abstract of a scholarly paper or excerpt from a creative piece (or one poem, if submitting for poetry) by January 31, 2015. While topics can be on anything related to our six featured areas of English studies, we are particularly interested in papers, research, and creative work that address the topic of diversity.
To submit a proposal, register for the conference, or get more information, visit: http://www.msudenver.edu/english/events/msudenverundergraduateenglishconference/
or email Dr. Leslee Wright at lwrigh34@msudenver@edu.