- http://www.washington.edu/doit/ - Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology site. Includes programs to promote the use of technology to maximize the independence, productivity and participation of people with disabilities.
Adaptive Recreation Opportunities
- www.fcgov.com/ARO - Program provides quality and equal opportunities for recreation and leisure programs to community members with disabilities.
- www.add.org - Official site of the national attention deficit association. Covers topics such as school, research, treatment, family issues, and personal stories.
- www.chadd.org -CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization serving individuals with ADHD and their families.
- http://add.about.com/- This is a very comprehensive site that is full of great information. You can find articles for parents, adults and children with ADD.
- www.aspergers.com - Receive information dealing with Asperger's, including symptoms and diagnosing. Includes a bibliography.
- http://www.pepnet.org/ - PEPNet, the Postsecondary Education Programs Network, is the national collaboration of the four Regional Postsecondary Education Centers for Individuals who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Includes resources, current topics, and products for postsecondary Deaf and Hard of Hearing students.
- http://www.mozartcenter.com - Learning strategies that focus on improving listening skills are presented for students with a variety of disabilities including AD/HD, LD, Asperger's, and balance and control.
- http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org- Provides information and tips from how to talk to your doctor to health and wellness for individuals with Epilepsy.
- http://www.cancer.org/- The American Cancer Society created an information hub for individuals with many different types of cancers.
- http://www.cerebralpalsyguide.com - shares educational materials to families and individuals affected by cerebral palsy, including information about different therapies, treatment options, and financial resources..
- http://www.bu.edu/cpr/ - Home site for the center for psychiatric rehabilitation. You will find information on recovering and dealing with a psychiatric disability.
- http://www.nimh.nih.gov - The National Institute of Mental Health site includes fact sheets for a wide variety of psychiatric disabilities.
- The Prepare Everyday PSA was created by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help people with disabilities prepare themselves and their families for emergencies. The transcript of the PSA is availible here
Traumatic Brain Injury
- http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_news/current_newsletter.asp - This monthly electronic newsletter is published to assist you in keeping up to date with news regarding Freedom Scientific products, events and advancements in assistive technology.
- http://www.nyise.org/access.htm - A site dedicated to keeping you informed about accessible web design. They offer a list of resources. This site is available in text, large format, and frames.
- http://www.lighthouse.org - A resource for those with vision impairment, includes interesting articles and resources. Available in Text Only version for screen readers.
- http://www.acb.org/ - Official website for the American Council for the Blind. Includes articles, resources, job listings, legislative and news information. Screen reader friendly.
- http://www.nfb.org/ - Official website for the National Federation of the Blind. Includes a variety of articles, resources, and current information. Screen reader friendly.