BA: ASL-English Interpretation - Transfer Students
The UNC ASLEI BA program is designed as entry to practice. However, if you have previous college credits to transfer into the UNC system the following applies:
- 13 or more college credits with a 2.4 GPA.
- Review process: Official transcripts are reviewed by both UNC Admissions and UNC-DO IT Center BA program staff. The Center’s review will specifically target ASL and interpreting credit on transcript. A transfer evaluation will be sent to you at the end of that process.
- Transfer students are advised on placement in the 120 credit hour program following a transcript review and demonstration of ASL competency.
- Where you are in program, as well as what you transfer into the program will impact the number of credits you take each semester.
- UNC accepts an Associates of Arts (AA) or an Associates of Science (AS), waiving all liberal arts core coursework; AAS and AGS do not transfer as a “degree”. UNC will consider each course on transcript.