ASL DEMONSTRATION OF COMPETENCY
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE ASL DEMONSTRATION OF COMPETENCY
NOTE: You must be registered for the screening no later than the Friday prior to when the screening opens (see: ASLEI application and deadlines and important dates).
- Complete and submit the online Student Information Form: https://apps.unco.edu/StudentInformationForm/. This form will be processed within 24 hours of receipt and then you will receive a confirmation email, including instructions on how to activate your UNC student account (better known as your Ursa account).
- You will enter the semester that the ASL Domonstration of Competency
- You will enter ASLEI screening in the UNC Attendance Information
- Click here for a sample Student Information Form
- Go to https://ursa.unco.edu/cp/home/displaylogin and set up your Ursa account,
(Click here for instructions on setting up your Ursa account)
- Go to http://www.unconline.edu/current/undergrad/ASL-English_Interp_BA.shtml to find the screening course listing and the Course Registration Number (CRN). It is this CRN number that you will need to register for the screening. IMPORTANT: You will be looking for the CRN number that corresponds to the semester that you are taking the screening, e.g., fall, spring, or summer.
- Once your Ursa account is set up follow the link to register for a course and follow the prompts. Once you have registered for the course your Ursa account will automatically bill your account for the screening charge of $150.00.
COMPLETING THE ASL DEMONSTRATION OF COMPETENCY
Although you will register for the screening prior to the start date, you will not have access to the Blackboard shell until the designated start date.
- You will go to the virtual classroom Blackboard found at: https://unco.blackboard.com/webapps/login/. You will use your identified username and password to enter Blackboard.
Click here for instructions on Blackboard.
- Once you are in Blackboard you will see the following:
- A PDF document with step by step instructions for all three components of the screening. It is strongly recommended that you read through this document before moving forward.
- ASL Expressive instructions (do this component first)
- Knowledge tests –there are two tests in this section:
Linguistics and Culture. Be sure you complete both.
- ASL Receptive screening
You will only have the designated time frame (10 days) to complete the screening. If you do not complete the screening your application will not be considered for review.