Waste/Waist is our campaign to educate the students about how much WASTE is generated in the dining rooms and how they can control their WAIST by using smart choices and good portion control!!
Did you know?
- 25% of edible food in the U.S. gets wasted
- College age (18-25 years old) is the fasted growing age group for obesity in the U.S.
- "One Entree Per Trip" helps us control food waste
- Keeps costs under control
Fall 2006 "Trash Can" Statistics
from both Tobey-Kendel Dining Room & Holmes Dining Hall:
- Week #1: over 5,400 pounds
- Week #2: just under 1,300 pounds
- Total Reduction: 4,100 pounds of food!!