Parents & Family
Welcome to UNC!
Dining Services welcomes you and your student to the University of Northern Colorado family. Here is some information we thought you might like to know!
- Meal Plan Activation Dates
- Fall = Dinner on Thursday, August 18, 2011
- Spring = Brunch on Saturday, January 7, 2012
- Last Day to Make Meal Plan Changes (the Drop Deadline)
- Fall = Friday, September 2, 2011
- Spring = Monday, January 23, 2012
- Holiday / Break Hours
- Special Events that Parents
are encouraged to attend
and/or participate in:
- Bear Welcome Events
- Homecoming Weekend
- Family & Friends Weekend
- Taste of Home
- Holiday Dinner
- What you should know about Dining on campus:
- Why are parents only given certain information about their student's meal plan or meal plan charges?
- Due to federal privacy laws, we are limited to what information is allowed to be given to parents (or grandparents, siblings, friends, etc.) regarding student accounts. The student's meal contract is a legal and binding contract, so we are only allowed to discuss specifics with the contract holder. Students are more than welcome to contact the Dining Services Office (970.351.2652 or email@example.com) at any time to discuss their account.
- FERPA (the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) dictates that UNC staff members may not share any information (other than the directory information listed below) with anyone outside of the University system. This includes, but is not limited to, information about grades, disciplinary history and action, health concerns, and the balance of their accounts.
- Please read UNC's official statement regarding FERPA.
- FERPA provides that “directory information” about a student is available to the public. UNC defines directory information as:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Enrollment Status
- Date of Birth
- Degrees Pursued
- Dates of Attendance
- Degree Conferred and Dates Conferred
- Participation in Recognized Sports
- Honors, Awards, Publications
- Physical Factors of Athletes
- Other Helpful Links
About Dining Services
Mission Statement: Dining Services provides exceptional food and services to the UNC campus community and guests while promoting nutritional awareness and fostering culinary diversity.
We are here to help you in any way we can. We believe in our mission statement, and we follow it. If you ever have any suggestions, comments, or concerns, please let us know. Our credo is "We Feed The Bears!"
Something else to think about...
If your student is coming to UNC with a pre-existing medical concern (such as students who have food allergies or need gluten-free items), it is very helpful for our Registered Dietitian to be made aware of this. We are always concerned about respecting the student's privacy; however, being aware of this information can be very helpful as they try to meet the needs of all our customers.
Dining Services Office:
501 20th Street, Campus Box 47
Greeley, CO 80639
Send us an email!