The DASH @ Holmes and Tobey-Kendel
Why did we create The DASH line at Holmes & Tobey-Kendel?
The purpose of The DASH is to accommodate those students with special dietary needs and/ or food allergies. It also gives customers an area where they can consistently find healthy items that follow specific nutritional guidelines. Good Nutrition Couldn't Be Easier!
Where can I find The DASH line?
The DASH is located in Holmes Dining Hall and Tobey-Kendel Dining Room in the following locations:
- Holmes: between the Wok 'n Roll and Home Plate stations
- Tobey-Kendel: south end of Wok 'n Roll
When can I choose items from The DASH?
The DASH is available during lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday AND brunch and dinner on the weekends.
What standards does The DASH follow?
- All items must be free of the following:
- tree nuts
- whole grains at least 3 lunches and 3 dinners per week
What are the nutritional guidelines?
- Less than or equal to 30% of the total calories from fat
- Less than or equal to 10% of the calories from saturated fat
- No trans-fats
- Less than 800 mg of sodium per serving
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Ingredients in The DASH menus will be allergy free, but the recipes are prepared in our regular kitchens.