To Go Options
We understand that your schedule can be very busy, and you may not have time to sit down in the dining room and have a hot meal.
Maybe you have a lab scheduled during lunch every Thursday... or maybe you need to use your lunch break to study for a test coming up later that day. No matter the reason, we have options for you!
Bear On The Run and Gourmet To Go are both available in Holmes Dining Hall and Tobey-Kendel Dining Room.
Bear On The Run
Bear On The Run is our "hot" to go option. You are able to get food from the dining room (using one of our containers) and take it with you. This option is available at Tobey-Kendel Dining Room and Holmes Dining Hall during all meals. How does it work? It's easy...
- Step One
- Hand your UNC Card to the checker and ask for a “Bear On The Run” to go container. (You get a biodegradable cup too! It's handy if you want to take soup with you.)
- Step Two
- Now you have a choice to make -- do you want the biodegradable container or one of our NEW green plastic re-usable containers. (The new green ones are nice... you can exchange your re-usable container for a clean one each time you come back in the dining room!)
- Disposable utensils, cup lids, and straws are available near.
- Step Three
- You will have about 15 minutes to go around the dining room and get your food (don't forget utensils and napkins).
- You can have 2 entrées & unlimited sides, but the lid of the container must close completely!
- Step Four
- Enjoy! Have a great day!
There is a one-time-only cost to use these new containers... $5 for faculty and staff... FREE for students. The first batch of new plastic containers were purchased by Student LEAF so they could be FREE for our students. Thanks, Student LEAF!!
Gourmet To Go
Gourmet To Go is a fast, easy, and convenient alternative when you don’t have much time for lunch during the week.
Stop in and grab your "cold" to go option, Monday through Friday, in Tobey-Kendel Dining Room or Holmes Dining Hall.
Both locations offer items such as sandwiches, salads, mac & cheese, Uncrustables, and Hot Pockets. You get to choose 3 sides and a beverage too!
In order to continue to provide fast service to all our customers & ensure product availability, Bear Plan holders are limited to 3 Gourmet To Go or 2 Bear on the Run per meal period.
You can access daily dining room menus online or on the UNC Mobile App. Please be aware that all menus are subject to change due to product availability.
UNC Dining Services serves and uses the following products, among others, in meal preparation: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, wheat, and products containing gluten and soy. Dietary information is available upon request. Students who have dietary or allergy-related questions or concerns about any item offered by Dining Services should contact the Dining Room Manager or the Dining Services Office. For more information or if you would like further clarification regarding Dining Services policies, please contact the Dining Services Office located in Tobey-Kendel Hall, Room 120, call 970-351-2652, visit www.unco.edu/dining, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.