Dining Services ~ A Guide To Student Employment
Front of the House Dress Code
Positions Included: Cashiers, Checkers, Gourmet To Go Servers, Student Supervisors, Runners/Bussers, Stockers, Servers, and any other position that may require the employee to be out of the kitchen.
- You will be issued a uniform shirt and nametag to be worn only while you are working. The uniform shirt and nametag must be worn at all times while working.
- Nametags are worn above the logo on the shirt. Replacement nametags will cost you $3.00 each time.
- You will be held responsible for your uniform shirts and your nametag.
- It is your responsibility to keep them clean, free of stains, and food debris. If you arrive at work in a soiled uniform you will be sent home and a pink slip put in your file.
- Upon leaving employment at Dining Services, the return of supplied uniforms and nametags is required prior to the issuing of a final paycheck. Uniforms are also turned in at the end of each semester or a charge will be incurred for them.
- Although University Catering issues polo uniform tops for more casual events, their dress code is different than that in the Board and Cash Operations.
- Every employee is required to wear a hat in all areas except for the checker position.
- Blue “UNC Bears” baseball hats must be purchased through Dining Services for $7.00. In lieu of Dining Services not having any available hats for purchase, UNC baseball hats may be purchased from the Barnes and Noble bookstore on campus. Dark UNC blue with gold UNC lettering will be required.
- No other hats will be allowed.
- Jeans are allowed as long as they are clean, free of holes, stains, are of proper length, do not “sag,” and are worn at the proper hip placement.
- Athletic pants or sweatpants are not allowed in any position.
- Leggings, leotards, spandex, or tights (in replacement of pants) are not allowed.
- Short pants of ANY length or style will not be allowed, this includes “Capri-style” pants. Your legs are to be covered completely at all times.
Shoes and Socks
- Non-slip, closed-toed, closed-heeled, non-heeled are required.
- Socks will be worn at all times.
- No heels, sandals, flip-flops/thongs, or Crocs will be allowed at any time.
- Disposable gloves are furnished by Dining Services. All employees coming in to contact with food in any way especially when serving food, will wear disposable gloves.
- Employees handling clean dishes will wear disposable gloves.
- Employees wearing fingernail polish or acrylic nails must wear gloves at all times.