Dining Services ~ A Guide To Student Employment
Professionalism on the Floor
The majority of your job is to provide excellent customer service and proper attitude. Therefore:
- Do not discuss personal or political problems while on the serving floor.
- When you are on the floor, do not lean against walls or stand around talking with other employees.
- Be familiar with the menu.
- Even if there is nothing to do in your section, look busy.
- When standing at a buffet table or dining room, keep arms crossed behind your back.
- Take pride in your appearance, always wear a clean and proper uniform.
- Keep a low noise level when clearing dirty dishes.
- Treat each guest as they are equally important, you never know who you may be serving.
- Always keep a smile on your face, it is amazing what a smile can do.