Application for Admission Process
Prerequisite Evaluation Form
Complete the DDP Prerequisite Evaluation Form. Print out and send with the prerequisite evaluation fee of $20 and your official transcripts to UNC for review. Transcripts must arrive with the prerequisite evaluation form. Send sealed official transcript and form to:
ATTN: Amy Baird
University of Northern Colorado
Distance Dietetic Program
Gunter 2280, Campus Box 93
Greeley, CO 80639
Transcripts are pre-screened by an advisor. You will receive an email communication regarding the status of courses completed toward the dietetics curriculum. The email will come from your advisor, whom you can contact for course transfer questions. Develop a plan of study (see curriculum guide) in coordination with your advisor.
Apply to UNC
After you have been advised determined this is the right program for you, apply to UNC and email Amy Baird a confirmation that you have applied. She will forward any official transcripts to Admissions. Once you are fully admitted to UNC, you will send all future official transcripts to Admissions for updating.
Complete the Requirements for Admission
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale including courses to be transferred and those completed at UNC.
Junior status (>60 semester credit hours by time of program start.
The following courses or transfer equivalents must be completed:
- BIO 110 Principles of Biology (4), grade of C or better required.
- CHEM 111 Principles of Chemistry I (5), grade of C or better required.
- FND 245 Introduction to Nutrition or FND 250 Principles of Nutrition (3), grade of B or better required for FND 250.
It is expected that the following courses or transfer equivalents have been completed or are in progress prior to program admittance:
- BIO 245 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology (4)
- FND 210 Medical Terminology (2)
- PSY 120 Principles of Psychology (3)
- STAT 150 Introduction to Statistical Analysis (3)
It is strongly recommended that the following course or its transfer equivalent be taken before the start of the program:
- CHEM 231 Principles of Organic Chemistry (3)
Apply to the DDP Program
Students may apply to the DDP the semester that the admission requirements are completed. UNC DDP cohorts start in the summer term. Application materials may be submitted at any time, but will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until the cohort is filled for a particular year.
The application should include:
- Complete the DDP Application Form
- A copy of your transcript from URSA and any transcripts for courses that have not yet been processed by UNC
Graduation and Program Requirements
All 23 courses listed in the DDP Curriculum Guide must be completed whether or not a degree is desired.
Graduation requirements are the same as those required by the University:
- Completion of the Liberal Arts Core requirements
- 120 total credits
- 30 credits from UNC; 20 of those taken last so they are the most recent
In addition, students must attain and maintain a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA, and earn grades of C or better in each individual DPD required course to graduate with the B.S. Dietetics degree and earn a Verification Statement of Program Completion.
Student must also complete the Senior Assessment Exam to receive a Verification Statement of Program Completion.