Application for Admission Process
- Complete the transcript evaluation form. Print out and send with your official transcripts and a $20 transcript evaluation fee to:
ATTN: Amy Baird
University of Northern Colorado
Distance Dietetic Program
Gunter 2280, Campus Box 93
Greeley, CO 80639
Transcripts are pre-screened by an advisor. You will receive an email communication from them regarding the status of courses completed toward the dietetics curriculum. This will be your advisor for course transfer questions. Develop a plan of study (see attached curriculum guide) in coordination with your advisor.
- After being advised and determining this is the right program for you, apply to UNC and email Amy Baird a confirmation that you have applied. She will forward any official transcripts to Admissions. Once you are fully admitted to UNC, you will send all future official transcripts to Admissions for updating.
- Complete the requirements for admission.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above on a 4.0 scale including courses to be transferred and those completed at UNC.
- Junior status (≥ 60 semester credit hours by time of program start.
- The following courses must be completed or transfer equivalents:
- BIO 110 Principles of Biology with Lab (4) Grade Requirement: ≥ C-
- CHEM 111 Principles of Chemistry I with Lab (5) Grade Requirement: ≥ C-
- FND 245 Introduction to Nutrition or 250 Principles of Nutrition (3)
- It is expected that the following courses or transfer equivalents have been completed or are in progress prior to program admittance:
- BIO 245 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab (4)
- FND 210 Medical Terminology (2)
- PSY 120 Principles of Psychology (3)
- STAT 150 Introduction to Statistical Analysis (3)
- It is strongly recommended that the following course or its transfer equivalent be taken before the start of the program:
- CHEM 231 Principles of Organic Chemistry (3)
- Apply to the UNC DDP Program.
- Students may apply to the DDP the semester that the admission requirements are completed. UNC DDP cohorts start in the summer semester. Application materials may be submitted at any time, but will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until the cohort is filled for a particular year.
- The application should include:
- Completed application form
- A copy of your transcript from URSA and any transcripts for courses that have not yet been processed by UNC.
- Graduation and program requirements.
- All 23 courses listed on the curriculum sheet must be completed whether or not a degree is desired.
- Graduation requirements are the same as those required by the University.
- Completion of the Liberal Arts Core requirements
- 120 total credits
- 30 credits from UNC: 20 of those taken last so they are the most recent
- In addition, students must earn grades of ≥ C- in all courses required by the major to graduate with the B.S. Dietetics degree and earn a Verification Statement of Program Completion.
- Student must also complete the Senior Assessment Exam to receive a Verification Statement of Program Completion.