Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above on a 4.0 scale including courses to be transferred and those completed at UNC. Note: Effective Fall 2014, the GPA requirement will change to 3.0
Junior status (>60 semester credit hours by time of program start.
The following courses or transfer equivalents must be completed:
- BIO 110 Principles of Biology (4), grade of C- or better required. Note: Effective Fall 2014, grade of C or better is required.
- CHEM 111 Principles of Chemistry I (5), grade of C- or better required. Note: Effective Fall 2014, grade of C or better is required.
- FND 245 Introduction to Nutrition or FND 250 Principles of Nutrition (3)
It is expected that the following courses or transfer equivalents have been completed or are in progress prior to program admittance:
- BIO 245 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology (4)
- FND 210 Medical Terminology (2)
- PSY 120 Principles of Psychology (3)
- STAT 150 Introduction to Statistical Analysis (3)
It is strongly recommended that the following course or its transfer equivalent be taken before the start of the program:
- CHEM 231 Principles of Organic Chemistry (3)