The UNC Prevention Education program encourages students under the age of 21 not to drink, and if a student chooses to use alcohol we recommend that students use alcohol in a low-risk manner.
Prevention Education has adopted a low-risk message developed by Randy Haveson (Link to www.randyspeaks.com) after he spoke to our students in the Fall 2005 semester. Party With A Plan addresses the reality that students, regardless of age, make the choice to drink and educates them on how to use alcohol in a manner that will reduce the likelihood of negative consequences occurring due to their alcohol use.
Party With A Plan
- 0 drinks if you:
- are under 21
- on medication
- haven’t eaten
- in substance abuse recovery
- suspect you may be pregnant
- 1-No more than 1 drink an hour
- 2- Limit your drinking to no more than 2 times per week
- 3-Don’t have more than 3 drinks in one day