- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA by no later than February 15. Even if you or your parent(s)/guardian(s) income taxes are not completed, estimate and send your FAFSA by the February 15 deadline.
- Complete the UNC Universal Scholarship Application (USA), found on-line at www.unco.edu/sfr. Similar to the FAFSA, this should be completed and mailed (or e-mailed) by February 15. The UNC USAis "one-stop shopping" for academic scholarships available at UNC. Once your application and USA are received, our computer scans all available academic scholarships and "matches" you with scholarships for which you are eligible.
- You must complete the FAFSA and USA every year you attend school in order to be eligible for financial aid.
*Please note - although the financial aid website lists a number of named scholarships associated with the Cumbres program, you are only eligible to earn up to a total of $750/semester from our program. In order to meet scholarship criteria to receive a Cumbres award you must:
- Commit to a teaching major
- Commit to an additional certification in Teaching English as a Second Language