The main goal of the Cumbres program is to help education students become the type of teacher that schools wil want to hire, parents will want to work with, and students will want to learn from. We want our teacher candidates to be leaders in their schools and communities when they begin their careers and make a difference in the lives of the students in their classroom.
We require students to attend workshops, complete community service activities, and complete a leadership project prior to graduation. We encourage our students to step out of their comfort zones and take the initiative to be leaders in their circles of influence.
Some Examples of Leadership Projects Presented by 2016-2017 Seniors:
- Family Night at Northeast Elementary, Brighton - Nicole Hodge
- Readers Theater at Bella Romero Academy - Janette Rodriguez and Sergio Sanchez-Diaz
- Lil' Vikes Loop at Gilcrest Elementary - Leroy Johnson
- Teacher Candidate Resource Blog - Priscila Marin-Amory
- Respite Night at Rodarte Center - Cailin Lichty and Vanesa Salazar Turriago
- The Uniform Project at Columbine Elementary, Denver - Amairani Medina
- End of Year Carnival at Milliken Elementary - Nicole Baker
Presentation at Senior Night