The main goal of the Cumbres program is to help education students become the type of teacher that schools wil want to hire, parents will want to work with, and students will want to learn from. We want our teacher candidates to be leaders in their schools and communities when they begin their careers and make a difference in the lives of the students in their classroom.
We require students to attend workshops, complete community service activities, and complete a leadership project prior to graduation. We encourage our students to step out of their comfort zones and take the initiative to be leaders in their circles of influence.
Please click on this link to see the video presentations from Fall 2017
Some Examples of Leadership Projects Presented by 2017-2018 Seniors:
- Leading Hope, Kid's Hope - Avery Sage
- Solid Gold Abilities Formal - Lupe Camacho and Adrian Ramirez
- Jackson Elementary Tutoring Program - Kaitlin Yetzbacher
- Inglés en México - Savannah Lontz
- We All Smile in the Same Language: A Book Written by the Greeley Young Authors - Amy Rodearmel, Yael Schechter, Emily Anderson, Shanda Torres
- Latino Cougars Working Together - Ana Campuzano
- English Camp in China - Sarah Betsch
- Girls on the Run - Angélica Martinez-Mendez
- What I Wish Someone Had Told Me: Stryker Capstone Project - Lupita Lopez Chavez
Presentation at Senior Night