Giving to your Classified Staff Council
The Classified Staff Council does not receive any external funding from the University; all of our funds are self-generated through our fundraising and through donations. All of our funds are used to benefit the Classified staff of the University of Northern Colorado.
There are many others ways you may help to support your Classified Staff Council! Through service, you may serve as a Representative. We host a number of events throughout the year, and you may participate in any or all of them - serving on the Council is not necessary to participate in any of our events.
Thank you for your support! We cannot be "The United Voice of UNC's Classified Staff" without your help!
It is easy to make a financial gift to the Classified Staff Council. All monetary donations are received through the UNC Foundation. Gifts are tax-deductible, and those gifts made during any "matching" campaign will be matched according to the terms of the campaign. Gifts through the Foundation may be easily made:
- As one-time gifts:
- quickly and securely through the UNC Foundation's website at https://uncfoundation.merchantsecure.com/giving/give-to-unc.asp?a=3081;
- in person at the UNC Foundation Office in the Judy Farr Center at 1620 Reservoir Road. Please reference "CSC General Activities Fund 3081" with your gift;
- by mail with a check payable to the UNC Foundation - CSC General Activities Fund 3081, and send it to the UNC Foundation, Judy Farr Alumni Center, Campus Box 20, Greeley, CO 80639;
- by phone to the UNC Foundation at (970) 351-2034 or (800) 568-5213. Please reference "CSC General Activities Fund 3081" with your gift.
- As recurring gifts with payroll deduction by sending an e-mail to Eileen Erickson. Please include the amount per month, the start date, the end date (or "continual" if you do not wish to specify an end date), and, most importantly, "CSC General Activities Fund 3081." Gifts as low as $1 per month will help to support the Council. Please note that payroll deduction is only available for current University employees.
DON'T USE THAT PREPAID LABEL! Many ink/toner cartridge manufacturers and mobile phone providers give a free label to send the used cartridge or phone back to them for "proper" recycling. If you use that label, you're certainly doing your part to recycle, but you could do even better if you send the oldie to the Classified Staff Council instead! Even if you put the label on and send the cartridge to the Warehouse, Federal regulations prohibit us from "intervening."
We sponsor an on-campus, easy fundrasier which requires virtually no effort on your part! We have partnered with a local business to facilitate the disposal of printer ink & toner cartridges and old mobile phones. To participate, all you need to do is use the campus mail service or make a phone call to the Warehouse at 1-2250.
For ink cartridges and old phones, these may be mailed or taken to any of our drop-off points (see below). Larger cartridges (toner, fuser kits, drum kits, etc.) from printers and copiers should be boxed up (using the box from the "new" cartridge will certainly work), and may be taken to any drop-off point or picked up by the Warehouse by calling 1-2250.
You may drop-off spent cartridges and phone at any of the following locations:
|CENTRAL CAMPUS||WEST CAMPUS||EAST CAMPUS|
Circulation Desk or
|Visitors Center||University Center:
If you would like to "volunteer" your area to be a designated drop-off point, we would be thrilled by your support! Please contact any Council member for more information. All proceeds from this fundraiser support CSC activities.
You may also give to the Council by participating in any of our fundraisers, which are held periodically throughout the year. While purchasing anything through a fundraiser is not tax-deductible, you'll still be helping the Council! Check this website, look for our newsletters or watch the UNC Today for information about our periodic fundraisers. We'll also send a general announcement to all Classified employees as events unfold!
You may also give to the Council through your service. Whether you participate in our events, such as helping to decorate a homecoming parade float, wrapping Christmas presents with Santa Cops, setting up for the banquet, or manning a table at a publicity event, we need you! Look for our newsletters or You may also take "the next step" by choosing to serve as a Council Representative. Contact any Council member for more information or take a look at our Councilor Nomination Form.