- DEADLINE: Passed for the 2008/2009 school year.
- Submissions are open to UNC undergraduates and graduate students.
- ONE submission per submission form. Multiple submissions are allowed. Please see the appropriate category below for a number limit.
- Submissions will not be returned; do not send us your only copy (written) or originals (art).
- DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE MANUSCRIPT/ART! We work on a strict anonymous judging system. Your identification information is provided on the submission form.
Poetry, Fiction and Nonfiction
- The Crucible accepts poetry, fiction and nonfiction of any format and most subject matters. While works from almost all genres that include violence, sex, and crass language will be considered on equal footing with all other works, there is some content and genres that we will not consider:
- Unnecessarily graphic violence
- Any material that is offensive for the sake of being offensive
- Works written for children
- Five poems and/or three prose pieces MAX per student per year.
- All other genres except, as stated, children's stories are acceptable.
- Feel free to write what you want, but please be courtious with your content. This magazine represents the gambit of quality UNC creativity. The experienced editors of The Crucible staff will be the judges on what is appropriate for final publication.
- The Crucible accepts visual art of all kinds, from 2D to photos of 3D pieces.
- Nudes are an acceptable subject for your piece, but please, no pornography.
- Five art pieces MAX per student per year.
- Please submit your piece in .jpg format.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.