Criminal Justice Society
The CJ Society is a professional, on-campus organization that represents the Criminal Justice department at UNC. The organization offers a variety of benefits including:
- Eligibility to apply for two annual academic scholarships
- Participation in community Service projects
- GU est presentations by various career professionals Guidance in preparing for criminal justice jobs
- Tours of local prisons, crime labs and law enforcement agencies
- Networking with your student peers
- Demonstrating to prospective employers that you have participated in a professional organization while in college
The mission of the Criminal Justice Society is to promote professional networking, scholarship awareness, and career opportunity availability and to provide recognition to outstanding academic achievers within the Criminal Justice Department.
By hosting frequent guest speakers and making field trips to different criminal justice agencies, CJS members have opportunities to observe and learn the practical aspects of performing various career responsibilities. CJS members are also encouraged to join professional organizations that promote their specific interests within the criminal justice field.
Membership in the Criminal Justice Society is available to all criminal justice majors and minors, as well as students in sociology, psychology, and other related disciplines. Criminal justice majors who are members of the CJS are eligible to apply for the annual Walt Frances Scholarship and one of two scholarships offered through the Lisa Marie Kimmell Memorial Scholarship fund.
- President – Jessi Ray
- Vice-President – Kamille McKinney
- Secretary – Alexandra Murphy
- Treasurer – Bryce Kammerzell
To join the Criminal Justice Society, you can download the application form and submit it as instructed. You will be glad that you joined and will gain a great deal from your attendance and participation.
Other UNC Student Organizations and Clubs
To find out more about other UNC organizations and clubs, go to http://www.unco.edu/clubs/.