Please note: Applications are not being accepted for the MA in Criminal Justice for the Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 semesters; however, we are accepting applications for Fall 2015.
The University of Northern Colorado’s Master of Arts in Criminal Justice is designed for working professionals who wish to further their education in the field of criminal justice by completing a rigorous online program. The program’s focus is leadership, management, policy, planning, research, and recognized best practices in the various parts of the criminal justice system. In addition to providing a program that meets the needs of working professionals, the academic rigor and research focus of UNC’s MACJ program also prepares students for careers in research, teaching, and continued graduate education. See more of the Criminal Justice Program Online.
- To provide students with an advanced understanding of traditional and emerging criminological theories;
- To provide students with critical-thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for effective leadership and policy decision-making;
- To provide students with analytical and research skills necessary to both understand and participate in “best practices” research;
- To provide students with an understanding of the importance of the increasingly interdisciplinary nature of the criminal justice system; and
- To provide students with the opportunity to produce a project that has real-world applications in their fields of interest or to conduct original research on topics of their choosing.