M.A. Program - How to Apply
Applications are not being accepted for the MA in Criminal Justice for the Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 semesters; however, we are accepting applications for Summer 2015.
You must be admitted to the UNC Graduate School before the Criminal Justice selection committee reviews your request. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the current application fee. Failure to submit all required materials together will delay evaluation and screening of your application. A complete application process discussion and web sites can be found in the Masters Handbook.
Graduate School Requirements
- A completed UNC Graduate School Application form (available online and in print) and current application fee
- One official transcripts from every accredited college or university attended since high school, except UNC. The transcripts must show a baccalaureate degree from a college or university of accredited standing.
- GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) on the most recent 60 hours of baccalaureate-level coursework
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE or MAT test scores or personal essay. For more information see page 9 of the Masters Handbook
- TOEFL Scores for international applicants
The MACJ Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications and makes admissions decisions. Admission to the MACJ program is based upon the applicant’s academic history, standardized test scores, letters of recommendations, work experience, and potential for academic and career success.
UNC’s MACJ program accepts a new cohort each fall semester. Admission materials may be submitted year round. Early admissions are decided by May 15 and standard admission decisions by June 15.
Eligibility by State
Recent changes in federal regulations relating to our ability to deliver online education have uncovered onerous application and fee requirements from a few states. As a result, at this time (effective December 1, 2011), the University of Northern Colorado is unable to accept applications for admission to online courses or programs from students residing in the following states:
- North Carolina
If you reside in one of these states, and would like us to inform you at such time as the University of Northern Colorado is able to accept your application for online courses or programs, please email Kristy Kline at Kristy.Kline@unco.edu. Please include your state of residence and your program of interest in your email. For more information please see http://www.unconline.edu/future/about/state_elig.shtml