User Fees (Fall 2016/Spring 2017)
- Student Only Rate
- Semester Rate - $1,240
- Academic Year Rate - $2,480
*(family rates also available)
- Semester Rate - $190
- Annual - $285
- Student K-Lot
- Semester Rate - $200
- Annual - $305
- Private Music Fees - $150.00
Non-Refundable New Student Success Fee
New and Transfer Students Only
- New Student Success Fee - $250.00 (one time fee)
*(this fee is non-refundable even if the student withdraws from the University)
One-time non-refundable $250 “Student Success Fee” which is charged to all new students, whether first-time or transfer. This covers programs and services that are critical to a student’s successful transition to an academic career at UNC.
One of the most obvious components to a successful transition is our orientation program. The program includes learning about UNC resources, hearing expectations as member of the institution, meeting with faculty and staff, selecting courses, and registering for classes.
Other components include:
- Advising related to a student’s academic goals, aptitudes and career goals (which is different than faculty advising about specific courses to take)
- On-going assessment and development of programs that are specifically designed to help students effectively navigate the transition from the mode of learning at a high school or community college and the mode of learning necessary to be successful at a University.
Examples include the development of the University 101 first year seminar and appropriate placement in foundational courses like math and English.